Inspiration

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. (Psalms 119:105) ++ So then, Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10:17) ++ Bible Scriptures and commentary meant to encourage and build faith in God's Word and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Name:
Location: Clarkesville, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

God's Amazing Love!


I'm going to make a statement that may shock you. Yes, even some born-again, Bible-believing, faith-walking Christians may bat their eyes and shake their heads as their brains attempt to compute what I'm about to say. Ready? GOD LOVES YOU AS MUCH AS HE LOVES JESUS! Yes, you read it correctly, and NO, I'm not a nutcase. It really is true! But don't take my word for it. Let's look at what THE Word has to say.

In the 17th Chapter of the Gospel of John, Jesus was praying for His disciples and preparing them for His impending death on the Cross. Now some have said that this prayer was for His disciples only and doesn't apply to us today. However, take a look at Verse 20, "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word." Everyone since that time who has believed on Jesus and made Him Lord of their life has done so, in part, based on the preaching of the Gospel by these twelve men. Through them the message of salvation in Jesus Christ spread around the world.

Now let's take a look at one of the most outstanding verses in all the Bible. Verse 23, "I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfect in one; and that the world may know that YOU have sent me, and YOU HAVE LOVED THEM AS YOU HAVE LOVED ME." Can you dare to believe it? I know you may have said to yourself at some point in time, "God loves me", but have you ever really understood the depth of His love? Read and meditate on this Scripture and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the awesome truth it holds. It will change your life forever!

Now you may be asking, "How can God love me as much as Jesus? I haven't led a perfect, sinless life as He did." The reason is this. If you have made Jesus the Lord of your life God doesn't see you as a sinner, in fact, He never has. He sees you through the Blood of Jesus! "But God commended His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now JUSTIFIED BY HIS BLOOD we shall be saved from wrath through Him." (Romans 5:8-9) Glory to God! Justified means 'just as if I'd never sinned'. Our Heavenly Father sees you as pure and sinless because of what Jesus did, and He loves you as much as He loves Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home