Psalm 91 is one of my favorite Psalms. I have memorized it and pray it everyday over my family. I would like to put it down exactly as I have memorized it, which is a combination of the King James Version and the Amplified Version of the Bible. Please read it carefully and allow the Holy Spirit to minister His grace to your heart.
"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, shall abide under the Shadow of the Almighty, Whose power no foe can withstand. I will say of the Lord, You are my Refuge and my Fortress, my God, in You I lean and rely and in You I confidently trust. Surely, He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge. His Truth and Faithfulness are your shield and buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the arrow that flies by day, for the pestilence that walks in darkness, or the destruction that comes at noonday. A thousand shall fall at your side, ten-thouseand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. Only a spectator shall you be, yourself inaccessible in the Secret Place of the Most High, as you witness the reward of the wicked. Because you have made the Lord, my refuge even the Most High, your habitation, there shall no evil befall you, neither shall any plague come near your dwelling. For He shall give His angels charge over you to keep you in all your ways. They shall bear you up in their hands lest you dash your foot against a stone. You shalll tread upon the lion and adder, the young lion and serpent shall youl trample under foot.
Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore, I will deliver him. I will set him on high because he has known My Name, and has personal knowledge of My Mercy, Love, and Kindness, and knows that I will never leave him nor forsake him, no never. He shall call upon Me and I will answer him. I will be with him in trouble. I will deliver him and honor him, and with long life will I satisfy him and show him My Salvation."
GLORY TO GOD! I want you to pay special attention to the seven promises God makes in the last part, IF we do what the first part of the chapter says:
(1) He WILL deliver us. Deliver us from what? ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that would try to hurt or destroy our mind, our body, or our spirit!
(2) He WILL set us on high. The Bible says, "And (He) has raised us up together, and made us sit together in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus." We are the head and not the tail, above only and not beneath!
(3) He WILL answer us when we pray. Some people say that God doesn't answer prayer, but this Scripture tells us exactly what God will do when we call on His Name. He will answer!
(4) He WILL be with us in trouble. God is not an absentee Father. He is always with us and comforting us in times of need. He is our refuge in times of trouble.
(5) He WILL honor us. God honors us by; keeping His covenant with us; by calling us His sons; by rewarding us; by being with us and taking part in our lives.
(6) He WILL satisfy us with long life. Hallelujah!
(7) He WILL show us His salvation. We are saved from sin and all its consequences when we make Jesus our Lord and dwell in the Secret Place of the Most High!